We are excited to announce that we will be gathering together again at Southside beginning, Sunday June 7th! On that day we will begin a series entitled, Ascension Sunday, celebrating Jesus' ascension to Heaven and His establishment of the Great Commission. In these quiet months we’ve be working to improve facilities. We can’t wait for you to see the progress we’ve made!
In our efforts to ensure a safe and healthy return to ministry on our campus, we will begin a phased reopening schedule to allow us to serve you and maintain the highest standards of safety for in-person worship.
While we're excited to worship with you on-campus, we'll also continue to worship together through our Southside Live Stream. Our live stream is a great alternative for you if you're out of town, high risk, or being cautious, and you can continue to join us in worship at http://www.ssbaptistchurch.com/media/live-stream
- Services will be limited to a minimal Sunday Worship
- There will be sanitizing stations located throughout the corridors of the campus and our staff will be implementing several guidelines as outlined by the state/local government and health officials
- Gov. Tate Reeves’ Safe Worship Guidelines: https://mailchi.mp/9c49fb05d740/governor-tate-reeves-releases-guidelines-for-safe-in-person-worship-services?e=af2ac1b3c1
- MSDH - COVID-19 Guidance and Prevention for Individuals and the Community: https://www.msdh.ms.gov/MSDHSITE/_STATIC/14,21866,420.HTML
- Church leadership will be encouraging all congregants to practice social distancing throughout the confines of the campus
- The sanctuary will be marked off to allow for proper social distancing and will be cleaned before and after service.
- There will be no meet & greet time during the service.
- Offering will be collected in plates in the back of the sanctuary after services. Also consider giving online at http://www.ssbaptistchurch.com/give
- Children in worship service will be given supplemental activities to allow for the comfortable progression of worship.
- Arrive on campus no sooner than 10-15 minutes before the service you are attending begins unless you are essential staff and/or a volunteer participating in worship service.
- Feel free bring and wear your mask or face covering and your own hand sanitizer if desired. Please cover your nose AND mouth when wearing your mask.
- As much as possible, sit with family members or roommates you have been socially distancing with to reduce potential spread.
- Please respect the personal boundaries of fellow congregants as they participate in worship.
- If you are feeling sick or are a member of a vulnerable population, we ask that you remain at home and continue to connect with us online.
- Please follow entry and exit instructions as given by signs and church leadership.
We can’t wait to see you online or on-campus!